But, what does vegan means? What is veganism?
Veganism is a type of vegetarian diet that excludes meat, eggs, dairy products, and all other animal-derived ingredients. Many vegans also do not eat foods that are processed using animal products, such as refined white sugar and some wines. Most vegans also avoid the use of all products tested on animals, as well as animal-derived non-food products, such as leather, fur and wool.
Vegan refers to either a person who follows this way of eating, or to the diet itself.
(Source: About.com)
I know that it seems very extreme and hard. But it's not! I mean, I still love the taste of meat and cheese. But, at the same time, I think that both things are disgusting! First, they come from a animal! Gross... second, they come from a animal that was violented! I can't handle things like that anymore!
When I was 25 I became a vegetarian for almost an year. My dog, Princesa, who died two years ago, got very sick and I started reading about animals. I wanted to understand why they suffer, if they don't do anything bad to any other live being. While reading about how wonderful and inteligent many animals are, I couldn't eat them. However, after 10 months I started dreaming about some Brazilians' food that carries meat. I gave up, sadly.
The good thing is, I believe that everyone has a moment that they realize what is good for their life. This is the moment that I realized I should make changes on my diet.
Having a plant-based diet is not only makes me feel good about not cooperating to animal exploitation. It's also good for my own health! It's a diet with low fat intake which will reduce my chances to develop a cardiovascular disease and many kids of cancer! And, it's also good for the environment.
I will come back here to keep telling my story. I just wanted to share this big step of my life.
Bellow there's a link for a video which shows the thruth about the meat and dairy industry. If you have stomach, whatch it, but it's one of the saddest things I have seen in my life.
Wish you all good choices!
XOXO,
R
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário